Silver recovery technology specifically on mirror-making silvering process

Hi!

I'm into research and I was looking for a silver recovery technology specifically on the silvering process of the mirror making. I'm currently assessing a mirror making company where silver is a big problem in their wastewater. I really appreciate if you can help me.

Marilen M. Espinoza
Department of Science and Technology - Manila, Philippines

Recovering Silver from
Photographic Materials

I'm on research right now about the wastewater on mirror factories. To extract the metallic silver from the waste solution, you have to use cotton or some kind of fabric to be the adsorbent for the silver. Then, you have to use heat (1000 centigrade) to melt the silver and the cotton becomes CO2 and Water(steam). Result: you have silver melted. This is the method I've found and works. If you know another one, please, let me know.

Also, I'm particularly interested in transform this silver melted, in crystals of Silver Nitrate, I'll appreciate your kindly help. (Hablas espagniol?)

Miguel Valencia
- Ciudad de Guatemala, Guatemala

hello,

there are a number of ways to remove silver ions from a solution.

i have not done enough research to determine the cheapest method.

however, one quick way to do so is to use electricity. if the poles of a battery are placed in a solution, the silver will collect on the negative terminal of the battery.

In reality this is exactly like electrolysis, but in the reverse direction.

fawzi

Fawzi Masri
- campbell, California, USA

(2006)

I am looking for the colors used at back of mirror, grey color, red color , silver color.

Hashem-Mirfaizi
Shinceramic - Tehran, Iran

(2006)

Dear Sir,

Sub;To get Silver Mirror Planing

I'm interested in working Silver Mirror, have been looking for a technical, have less reference about it. There fore I wish to be a successful worker by your help.
Hope to hear as soon as possible.

your sincerely,

Prem Limbu
- Golphutar, Kathmandu, Nepal