Technology of electrocoating

Dear friends,

I am a paint technologist and I am interested to know the detail technology of electrocoating for my personal interest. The information like what actually happens during electrocoating, what are the processes involved, how to control the quality of electrocoating, what are general problems and how to solve them.

Mangesh Kulkarni
- Pune, Maharashtra, India

Hello Mangesh!

Metal Finishing Magazine has a superb collection of articles online, under the Organic Finishing Guidebook button on their homepage,www.metalfinishing.com. They are certainly a fine place to start. Following that, I'd suggest you check out Ted's recommended books for yet more information. Good luck, and happy reading!

lee gearhart
Lee Gearhart
metallurgist