How to achieve brass finish on pewter

I'm casting pewter not regular basis so it's not worth my time in going to an electroplating firm as it will cost me too much. I'm aiming to get a bronze or brass to gold finish preferably slightly dull. It does not need to be long lasting, just a temp colour look. Would a dip in copper sulfate [linked by editor to product info at Amazon] do this?

Jason Williams
- Notts, England

Q. Hello sir,
Can you please suggest me that how should I create pewter finish on brass??
I had tried by first nickel plating on brass then antique...I got that pewter finish but after some time..brass colour(yellow colour) start appearing..
please suggest me..

vivekraj sharma
- ALIGARH,UTTAR PRADESH ,INDIA