Electroplating for a Hobbyist

I am trying to Anodise and colour some aluminium components that I have made, but it does not seem to be working.

Question: What kind of dye should I use? Where can I order or purchase a good power source for electroplating which would be suitable for a hobbyist to use?

Aksel V. Henriksen
Retired - Cranbrook, BC, Canada

You seem to use the terms "anodizing" and "electroplating" interchangably, so my first suspicion would be that you are trying to anodize with the wrong polarity. The work piece must be anodic for anodizing. You should see far more gas bubbles on the opposite electrode than you see on the piece you are trying to anodize. Search our Equipment Directory for "rectifier" or "brush plating" for suppliers of small rectifiers.