High Temperature Resin Coating Systems

We are in need of a high temperature & heat retardant coating resin to be coated on Fiber glass Fabric mesh for filtration of molten aluminium. The temperature of operation is between 750 °C to 800 °C. Please suggest a low viscosity liquid system for this purpose.

V.Venkatesh
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

I'm also looking for a high-temp resin for fiberglass type materials, although my needs do not require quite as high a service temperature as your needs. I'm looking at about 500 degrees F. If you run across a suitable material, please let me know, and I'll do the same for you.

Don Clark
- Sun City, California, USA

May be that the following could be successful: applying a sol-gel-liquid (on the base of alcohol) which is covering the fibers, bake it out at 170 °C in air. So a film of mainly SiOx of c. 1 µm is formed. But if molten Alum. is getting in contact later, it may be better to apply TiO2 based sol-gel-liquid. These films are very tight to the ground and they are heat resistant up to 800 °C.

Dr. Eberhard Lenz
Siemens - Erlangen, Germany