Which alloy is made by mixing 20% of lead and 80% of tin?

I just want to ask you which alloy is made by mixing 20% of lead and 80% of tin. Please answer my question as soon as possible. Thank you for reading my e-mail.

Yours faithfully,

William Hexu Huhu Zhao
- London, England

80-20 tin-lead solder.

First of two simultaneous responses --  

William,

Why don't you phone up Sir Johns Cass college in London as they teach metallurgy (or did when I was there). I'd guess that this is a later form of pewter ... earlier pewter having probably more lead and being more toxic.

Second of two simultaneous responses --  

Hello William!

80 Tin and 20 Lead mix to form a solder- not one of the commercial ones in the States, as we commonly use different mixtures- but still a solder. Hope this helps!

lee gearhart
Lee Gearhart
metallurgist