Zincating of Aluminum

I am an a consultant writing a Waste Characterization report for a client's waste (Filter Press Cake). My question is: Does the zincating of aluminum before plating constitute a F019 waste classification?

Alice Hausfeld
- Cincinnati, Ohio

My understanding is that the wastes from all steps of the plating process, be they bottom sludges, or be they filter cake after treatment, are considered F006--and that this would include the zincating step as well. But that's only my understanding, not an interpretation.

Is the zincating of aluminum considered chemical conversion coating?

Alice Hausfeld
- Cincinnati, Ohio

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but my personal experience is that every regulation and every regulator wants you to consider the zincating to be a step in the plating process.

You are NOT WRONG Ted.

RAAFAT ALBENDARY
National Plastics Electroplating - Cairo, Egypt