Tests for Fastness of color of anodized colored aluminium

1998

Dear Finishing Fellow Members

I would like to know how the fastness of color (gold color dyed) of anodized colored aluminium could be tested (accelerated and long term tests). Any relation of color fastness with CASS (Copper Acetic acid Salt Spray) test.

The anodized material is used as a component for indoor application.
Any info. would be of great help to me.
With thanks and regards.

Dr.K. Murugan

1998

Sir,

Clariant Chemicals, formerly Sandoz, makes most anodize dyes. They do inhouse testing there. They also have lightfastness data already available on all dyes the sell.

David A. Kraft
- Long Island City, New York

1998

Do you know of any reference where I might be able to find information on Colour Fastness?
I would like to know how fast different fabrics absorb the color.
Also, which fabric holds the color in itself the longest?

Elina Rubinova

I think this is the wrong website for that question, Ms. Rubinova, but we'll see. -- Ted Mooney

1998

Have you tried the "ink eraser" test? Sometimes colors will come off after rubbing the materials with an ink eraser.

Mike Taylor
Pacific Plus

2000

The test for light fastness is ISO 2135-1984

The problem is how to find the blu scale required for this test.

Sombody can help me?

Gianmarco Rizzotti
- Italy