Bringing paint mixing in house.

1998

Presently we are purchasing our paints pre-tinted from a paint distributor. We are considering doing the tinting in-house in order to save money and reduce lead times. Most of what we use is a water-base acrylic emulsion. Any advice on bringing the mixing in-house would be appreciated.

Brian Maready

1998

I represent a large painting firm in Phoenix, Arizona. I am currently seeking a paint manufacturer that can supply me with 5-8,000 gallons of light and medium tinting base, or a slurry of sorts that I can add water to in order to give me the product I am looking for. Does anyone manufacture and sell such a product? If so, I would appreciate it very much if you would contact me via email:

I am also looking for the equipment to mix paint. In 250 gallon batches. Has anyone heard of a company called Cawels? I've heard they make this equipment.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Jason Strong
- Owner

1999

re I'm starting from scratch,And I need any info on how to make emulsion paint,whats needed,costing and anything else I should know. At the moment I sell all kinds of paints in our retail store,But I feel that I can increase buisness on the whole if I could manifacture and distribute my own product,Is this possible or am I dreaming.I am a very determing youngish man whom welcomes any help whatsoever.. cheers and thanks wayne (iceman)...

WAYNE WILBURN
WILBURNS - ENGLAND