Resilvering compound

(2001)

Apparently, there is a product called "Silver On" or "Silveron" or something like that. It is expensive, 1 gram bottle over $20 Canadian. It is used to re-silver copper flatware. Does anyone know of such an animal?

Jay Dumas
- Prince George, BC, Canada

Electroless Liquid Silver

(2003)

I also would like to know where I can get SILVERON. I got a bottle a few years ago and can't find it again. Thanks, Joe

Joe B. Rogers
- Sanford, Florida

(2007)

I purchased a product called "Liquid Silver Lotion" by Medallion, and IT WORKS! The more layers you put on, the more layers of pure silver are added! I've used it on worn silver plated flatware, some with worn-off gold gilding and others with brass(?) parts and it covers it all evenly without being able to tell the difference. It works on all base metals and contains an anti-tarnish ingredient to inhibit future tarnish. Friction from rubbing first cleans and then causes the silver to bond, even in areas that I wasn't able to do a lot of rubbing (small intricate crevices).

I'd highly recommend it!

S

Starr Johnson
- Taylorsville, Georgia

__
Ed. note: Somewhat similar questions have been asked on about a hundred inquiry letters here. The vendors come and go, or at least move, so we now have an FAQ, "Silver Plating at Home" that attempts to source all known brands of that kind of resilvering compound. Good luck!