Nitric acid treatment

adv.   stellar solutions banner

I am trying to find a way to repassivate stainless steel that had friction contact with iron tooling. I 'll do a nitric acid pickling treatment, where can I purchase the pickling or do I have to purchase liquid nitric and mix the pickling myself. What ingredients are necessary? Do I have to do a sulfuric preparation treatment?

Roxy Paine
- Brooklyn, New York

Roxy:

It is not necessary for you to use hazardous nitric acid. You can use safe citric acid formulations that will do the job better. You can find all of the information you need on our web page, then read ASTM A967 [link by ed. to spec at TechStreet] .

If you really want to use nitric acid you can purchase it at any chemical supply house around the country.

Contact us if this does not answer your question.

lee kremer
kremer signature
Lee Kremer