Galvannealing cross-section question

Thermal Spraying-Plasma, Arc and Flame Spray Technology

I need some information on galvannealing. I am doing a project for a professor who asserts it has been done, but research thus far indicates the cross-section is too large. Can anyone tell me if galvannealing 62.75" wide strip by 10 mm (.39 inches) with 2 mm coatings on both sides is possible? I appreciate any ideas or info at all.. I am a senior in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Connecticut

Rocco Sarro
- Storrs, Connecticut

Dear sir,

You are having the following question, How to Galvanneal 62.5 inch wide strip with 10 mm thickness having a coating thickness of 2 mm on both sides? The requirement is very special type. You cannot adopt a conventional hot dip coat or electrogalvanizing for such a heavy coating thickness. One information is missing here. i.e., what length of strip is to be galvannealed? Is it for commercial production or for some experimental study? If this for experiment the following option is available. The only way appears coating by metal spraying. You can achieve whatever thickness you desire. After coating the plate has to be heat treated in a tunnel furnace to get the desired properties.

Good Luck!

Dr. S. Ramanathan
- Dombivli, India