Plastic Coating for Kitchen Sinks

We are a stainless steel kitchen sink manufacturing company in India. We require plastic scratch free coating for the kitchen sink for life long durability. If you can guide us we will be obliged.

Mohit Kumar
- New Delhi

Hi Mohit,

Why don't you ask that question from some reputable paint manufacturers?

My only suggestion would be to consider Polyurethane but not the 'store variety' which has little Pu in it but maybe the 2 component paint. The standard 2 component paint is, however, very hard and slippery and has an ultra smooth finish. Whether you can obtain it to have more flexibility and to have UV resistance, I really don't know.

Pu is terribly abrasion resistant and should have medium acid/alkali resistance. I suggest you go to Companies making/providing Polyurethane elastomer compounds ... in the USA it used to be, maybe still is, Monsanto.

But why in the heck would you want to coat stainless sinks with a 'paint'? Doesn't make sense to me.

I think that most 'suppliers' would be against any paint. Why? Just imagine what might happen if boiling fat @ 400 odd degrees was dumped in ... and then YOU would be blamed for the separation/failure of the coating!

...currently raining, too!