Silver Tea Set

How do I clean the inside of my silver teapot so I may use it?

T.P.Banish
- Livonia, Michigan

Hi (Mizz) T.P.

Our silver teapot is well over l00 years old and, as it used for tea, we'd never consider cleaning the inside! Why?

May I suggest you get a can of Silvo [linked by editor to product info at Amazon] and, for any cracks and crevices, a toothbrush. Scrub away. Let dry. Polish. This will work. ... but then wash out with boiling water unless you really like the taste of silver polish!

Did you know that some cognoscenti say you should never add milk to tea but pour the tea into the milk. Why? Because if you do it the first way, some milk will curdle due to the heat of the boiling hot tea.

I was given a Silver Plated Tea Set and it needs cleaning from sitting. What to use that is safe for the finish? thanks..

Theresa Geck
- Port St. Lucie, Florida