Wax tank heating oil

Dear Sirs,

We have some old wax melting tanks (for masking of parts to be electroplated - Wax m.p. is ~100 degrees) which are indirectly heated through an oil jacket. We need to replenish this oil but have no information as to what type of oil to use. Can anyone help?

Nick Clark
- Bristol, England

Nick,

I know nowt about your oil heating system so my first thought was to use ANY car oil. The second thought, somewhat better, was to suggest strongly you contact the Horse's Mouth (and not the other end) and go to good ole CASTROL .... and I'd bet you they'd say use a lightweight oil for better heat transfer (maybe!)

.... a hilly place just like Bristol

dear sir

what you need is a kind of oil able to good transfer to heat like this one used in house electrical heaters I advise you to ask house heaters maker

I think this oil is called heating oil and the type used in electrical transformers is called DYALLA .B

RAAFAT ALBENDARY
national plastics electroplating - CAIRO-egypt

We used a heat transfer oil - try your local company to see if they know of this.

Martin Trigg-Hogarth
Martin Trigg-Hogarth
surface treatment shop - Stroud, Glos, England