Metal idols of ancient times

Dear sir,

I have few idols made of five metals aging more than a thousand years. I don't know what name I have to give the materials they made of. It is predominantly copper made and silver, gold, bronze, tin are also mixed. It was a great technique of ancient times to mix them proportionately otherwise either one of them will get separated (as far as I heard).

Hope you kindly answer my problem.

Venkat Rao
- Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India

One of the earliest metal finishing practices was surface enrichment--making something out of an alloy that included gold, then using acid to dissolve everything except the gold, leaving a gold enriched surface.

Sorry, I know little about the 5-metal panchalogam, if that is what you are referring to, but letter 21381 may answer your questions on that.