Antique silver finish

Hi there,

I am Spin casting large quantities of figurines, etc. in both pewter and zinc. I am looking for a method(without plating) to give these products an antique silver finish where the silver will have a high shine showing through the black. How is this achieved? I have a mini vibrator as well as a tumbler. Which is the best medium to use for polishing these figures after I have blackened them. And should I use some sort of polishing compound.

Andrew cartwright
Unforgettable Africa - Durban, South Africa

A recent letter said to blacken with shoe polish, then several coats of lacquer. You could highlight the parts to bring out the silver color before lacquer.

pooky
tom pullizi signature