Finishing procedure for architectural installations in granite and marble

I am a sculptor, working in granite and marble. I want to finish the stone work myself, having sent my work out to professional finishers with poor results. These pieces will be installed in outdoor settings. Can anyone send me process and materials to do this work in my own workshop? I am a skilled welder and have plating tools.

Many thanks,

Laurie Macrae
- San Diego, California

I am also interested in granite finishing (polishing). I am working on a counter top and need info on equipment and process. I would appreciate if you could forward me any info that you may receive.

Ken Scholz
- Cleveland, Ohio

I think you may be asking the wrong group of people. There is an organization for sculptors that has workshops and other sculptors working in Granite who might be in a position to help you. The organization is sculptor.org and you can find them on the internet. They have several members who work in Granite as well as other media. They may be able to answer your questions.

Richard L. Barrett
- Dallas, Texas

----
Ed. note: Thanks, Richard. We'll concede that this may not be the perfect site for questions about granite finishing, but it has been the right site for 50,000 finishing threads and counting :-)