Conversion of roughness

Hi, can you help me finding the conversion from absolute surface roughness (sand roughness)to Ra.

Christian Holt
- Frederiksberg, Denmark

Hello Christian!

Try a search of this site using "surface roughness" or "surface finish", to get to a number of letters wherein your question has already been asked, and occasionally answered.

lee gearhart
Lee Gearhart
metallurgist

What does the word absolute mean. If you are talking about conversion of RA to RMS/Rq then I think I can help you. Rather, this is not an easy answer, because there is a variable here, that can be anywhere from 1.11 to 2.10:1. I suggest you take a look at an article at a website called www.qualitymag.com or www.predev.com/

tony kenton
AF Kenton
Nova Finishing Systems Inc.
Hatboro, Pennsylvania