Copper plating problem

I want to plate a copper but I cannot find a solution that can make a bright copper output. I hope you can help me. I am here in Philippines and if that chemical is not available in our area, can you tell me what is the best substitute?

Thank you and more power.

David CabaÒal
- Iloilo City, Philippines

David, the composition of brighteners are closely guarded trade secrets, so we cannot print much about the subject. We can tell you that you probably will find little detail about this in today's textbooks, but if you can find older books, or do a literature search of journal articles you will find some. You'll save time, and probably money, by buying from a vendor who has already done the development work. You might contact EPI (Electrochemical Products Inc.) [a finishing.com supporting advertiser].