Can you electroform with brass?

I would like to know if it is possible to electroform with brass over a metallic paint on a non metallic surface. I have done this with copper but have never tried it with brass. If so is their a specific type of metallic conductive paint to use in this process?

Mark Cornwell
- Dixon , Illinois

I've never seen it done, but don't think it should be impossible. Of course electroforming with an alloy like brass is more difficult in terms of solution control and process control than plating a single metal. And I'm assuming you only want a thin shell formed, not a heavy wall. You'll probably have to use a cyanide based process. Are you trained and equipped to safely do that?