Cleaning pure nickel surfaces

I roll pure nickel foils for the purpose of annealing and then subsequent coating of superconductor material, so I would like to know what I should use to clean nickel surface before rolling,after rolling, and after annealing keeping in mind the purity of nickel is of great importance.

Also, I have to cut the nickel foil into strips before annealing. I was wondering whether using a diamond cutter would compromise the purity of my sample.

Tania Rizwan
University Of Houston - Houston, Texas

Standard soak cleaning, electrocleaning, and acid dipping is used to clean parts in Class 100 cleanrooms. I doubt that it would have any effect on nickel purity.

Diamond cutting isn't within my expertise. Good luck.