Making copper from mild steel

Sir, one of my friends is manufacturing copper sulphate from mild steel, is this really possible? Any disadvantage and please can you tell me how it is possible?

Hari Haran
- Bangalore, Karanataka, India

Huh? Sorry, Hari, I don't know what you're talking about. Steel is 99+ percent iron, an element. Copper is a different element. You can't make one from the other. Please provide the full details of what he claims he is doing, and what motivates you to ask your question, and we'll be happy to see if we can take it further. Thanks.

I think you are being conned!

Bill Reynolds
Bill Reynolds
   consultant metallurgist
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

We sadly relate the news that Bill passed away on Jan. 29, 2010.