Need help killing wasp invasion

I found your site by "killing wasps". I had a home built and just recently moved in. The upstairs was left unfinished. We have had a lot of hot weather lately and now the wasps are by the hundreds upstairs. I do not know how they are getting in and I can't seem to locate their nest. They are just covering the windows upstairs. Some are making their way downstairs. They are swarming everywhere outside also. I have small children and I can't let them outside to play because they are so bad.

Do you have any advice on how I could kill these pests? Non-toxic would be the best, of course.

Please help!

Stacey Hamilton
- Arnett, Oklahoma

We had wasps in our house and found that they nested in the chimney and were coming out of the glass doors. We did make a fire and it seemed to have solved our problem. If they are in your attic, you may need to get an exterminator. In the future, if you have an idea of where they may get into your home, you could put steel wool [linked by editor to product info at Rockler] in the cracks and when they try to enter, the steel wool will cut their wings and prevent them from entering.

Lots of luck.

Lani DeFrancesco
- Coraopolis, Pennsylvania, USA