Treatment procedure for chromic acid bath

I'm looking for a procedure to treat a chromic strip bath. The make up is 12.5% chromic acid flake and 12.5% phosphoric acid. The balance is DI water. Could anyone tell me how to properly treat this solution using sodium metabisulfite and an ORP meter. I have about 500 gals of this bath that I need to dump.

Michael Murphy
- USA

Get access to a copy of Durney's Electroplating Engineering Handbook. The information is there.

tom pullizzi portrait

This public forum has 60,000 threads. If you have a question in mind which seems off topic to this thread, you might prefer to
Search the Site