Refinishing brushed coated aluminum parts

I have several brushed aluminum trim pieces from a motorcycle I am restoring that have suffered significant surface oxidation. It looks as if the clear coating was chipped and allowed the aluminum underneath to get weather exposure over time. The primary problem I have is trying to find the right tools/supplies to recreate the "brushed" look. I hope this works, the replacement pieces are extraordinarily expensive. Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

Duke Culwell
- Plano, Texas

I have been advised before that a good way to get that brushed look is to use scotchbrite (that rough, spongey material). You first get it pretty smooth and then scotchbrite in all the same direction if you want parallel lines, and if you want a random brushed look, just rub the scotchbrite in random directions as you are brushing.

Jason Britton
- Stanford, California, USA