Material for tank in acidic solutions with ph 3

I am supposed to make one tank in which acidic solutions of which ph value is 3 to 4 is prepared. And I have a plan to make it with SS316. Please suggest me whether this ss316 will corroded or not. And suggest me material that has no effect of liquid with 3 to 4 ph.

Nitesh Panchal
medical technologies. - Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India

A pH of 3, per se, should not hurt type 316 stainless steel. But the question is, what chemical is bringing the pH down to 3? Because some anions like chloride are very corrosive to stainless steel.

Nitesh!

Why, WHY stainless? Why not suitable plastics? Many plastics are OK for all concentrations of sulphuric up to 93% commercial ... @ r.t.... and much better, too, than stainless if any alkalies are concerned.

Food for thought, anyhow.