Finishes suitable for plastics

I'm wondering if anyone has any information, on finishes that are suitable for plastics, this would be of great significance, old and new.

Thanking you,

Carlos O' Gara
- Ireland

If anyone has any insight I'd greatly appreciate it also. As I prefer the properties that powder coating has over liquid and would like to know about the potential to powder coat plastics also.

Matthew Stiltner
plating company - Toledo, Ohio

Saying you like the finished properties of powder better than liquid coatings is like preferring blondes over brunettes, or in Ireland I guess it's redheads~ They each have their place and both can produce excellent finish properties.

As for the actual question, powder coating over plastics is being done, and is getting better due to low-temp cure powder formulas and new ways of applying them. At the Coating 2001 show in Orlando last week I saw powder cured in 4.5 seconds on the show floor. Also presented were several UV cure powders that were made to coat anything from ceramic to wood, and even plastics.

Contact one of the bigger powder coating companies, all have the technology. Hope that helps....

Jeff Watson
Jeff Watson
- Pearland, Texas