Federal color standards

(2003)

I have a customer searching for federal color standards of blue and red (as in the US flag). Any help on these chip numbers would be appreciated.

Jake Koch
G. J. Nikolas & Co., Inc.
Bellwood, Illinois
nikolas banner ad

(2003)

Hello Jake!

I've got a copy of Fed-Std-595, complete with the color chips, but I can't pick out which of the many reds and blues match those of the US flag. I mean, 31350 looks rather dark, 31302 looks too faded, etc. The ASSIST website (assist.daps.mil) says they carry the spec (595) as a warehouse item, i.e. as paper copies. Perhaps they can get you one- and perhaps even more useful, they may know which colors are called out by whatever agency has jurisdiction over the topic.

ASTM Standards on Color and Appearance

lee gearhart
Lee Gearhart
metallurgist

(2003)

This page describes the color specifications of the red white and blue of a Texas flag. Supposedly the Texas flag uses the exact same color specs as the US flag.

tx4.us/moacolor.htm

Orest O [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Litchfield, New Hampshire

Q. I'm building an F-16 , and I'm looking for the Standard numbers for the gray, medium blue, and light blue that is used on some of these planes. Thanks

Don Watson
- Saint John N.B.,Canada