Purified Water Conductivity Levels

I am trying to identify all of the standards available for the conductivity level of DI water used to:

1. Make-up a new hex-chrome bath.
2. Used in post plating rinses (counter-flowed back into the chrome bath whenever the level is low)?

I would like to find both the levels recommended as well as the specific standard, i.e. ASTM requires 10,000 w/cm2 (100 micromhos) Other requires 5,000 w/cm2 (200 micromhos)

Thank You!

Bruce Van Scoy
- Cleveland, Ohio

The only specification I know of for deionized water is ASTM D1193 [link by ed. to spec at TechStreet]. This spec covers deionized water for salt spray testing. I don't know of any specs for the specific purposes you mentioned.

tim neveau
Tim Neveau
Rochester Hills, Michigan