Unloading barrel plated parts without damage

Hello, we have a barrel plating process that incorporates a dryer that dumps the parts (hose couplings) into a slide and then we dump the parts into a plastic tub. We are getting handling damage from the dumps that we would like to eliminate. I was asked what we could do to help reduce the dings. One we could elevate the tubs to as close to the unload stations height as possible, but that is about it. I was wondering if anyone had a good way of unloading easily damaged parts from a dryer with minimal parts damage. Is there a pre-built system out there that allows parts to "filter" through and act as a drop break? Please let me know of your ideas or if you have seen a process that may work. In case you didn't notice, I'm not highly familiar with barrel plating, I was just trying to help out my company.

James D. Browning
- Batesville, Mississippi

Don't know if it suits your needs, but some people put their dryer baskets into a shallow tank below the unload hopper so that the water does the cushioning you are looking for.