-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry
Serious Education & the most FUN
you can have in metal finishing smiley

No popups, spam, registration or passwords
on this site
current topics
topic 10945

Rubberized aluminum coating


I am looking for a aluminum coating for a hand held part that is durable and provides a gives a rubberized type feel to the part. I do not know of any processes out there that will give me this type of finish. Any input would be appreciated.

Robert Orf
- Los Angeles, California


Hi Robert,

If, by rubberized feel you really mean rubber like, then you will definitely need a rubber (or PVC) layer, then give it the aluminum look (either by any suitable plating process, painting, or incorporating metallic pigments in the substrate). There is no way any metal or alloy by itself will give a rubber-like feel (at least there wasn't in XXth century).


Guillermo Marrufo
Monterrey, NL, Mexico

If you have a question in mind which seems off topic, please Search the Site

ADD a Comment to THIS thread START a NEW threadView CURRENT TOPICS

Disclaimer: It's not possible to diagnose a finishing problem or the hazards of an operation via these pages. All information presented is for general reference and does not represent a professional opinion nor the policy of an author's employer. The internet is largely anonymous & unvetted; some names may be fictitious and some recommendations may be deliberately harmful.

  If you need a product/service, please check these Directories:

JobshopsCapital Equip. & Install'nChemicals & Consumables Consult'g, Train'g, SoftwareEnvironmental ComplianceTesting Svcs. & Devices

©1995-2018, Inc., Pine Beach, NJ   -   About   -  Privacy Policy
How Google uses data when you visit this site.