Silver plating setup

I am a manufacturer of industrial electrical items such as D.C Contactors, Relays, etc. Will anybody guide me to set up a small lab type arrangement for Silver Plating on small copper components & along with making contact tips using 90% Ag,10% Cd.

Prakash.L.K
- Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India

Dear Sir,

I have done silver plating on copper, nickel, palladium and titanium. There is two way of doing that . Electroplating and Electroless plating. Second one will give you a very narrow coating and will stop after that. First one you can continue plating till required thickness achived but process is a bit more complicated and need electric voltage and current. You will need silver syanide solution which is toxic and very dangerous. You should keep it away from acids. You should have a very well ventilated fume caboard. Let me know if you need more information.

By the way I am living in Iran and I need one PIC-16F876 Ic and I can't find it here. Can you please see if you can find it in India and buy one and wrap it inside a bit of plastic and post it to me inside an envelope to : S. B. Ghozati, 45 Taher St., Tehran 16739, Iran.

It is not very expensive (about few dollars). I just can't find it here and from overseas they don't send one they usually send more than 10.

Dr. S. B. Ghozati
- Tehran, Iran