Cleaning up copper sulfate residue
We use copper sulfate in a simple continuity tester. Since copper sulfate is conductive we use it to test continuity of 20-36 ga. magnet wire without having to burn the insulation off. Is copper sulfate corrosive to paint or metals? When copper sulfate if left to dry, it leaves a corrosive looking residue. Do you recommend any type of cleaning agent to completely remove this buildup?
A.O.Smith - Ripley, TN
Just not a good idea to leave salts around any metal. A copper sulfate solution will corrode many metal surfaces, since it has some water of hydration, and will probably absorb more from the atmosphere. It is slightly acid.
This public forum has 60,000 threads. If you have a question in mind which seems off topic to this thread, you might prefer to Search the Site