Painting my computer black, which paint do I use?

I really would love to paint my computer black, I'm very detail oriented and realize I would have to disassemble mostly everything to paint it safely and do a good job. My question is does anyone know what spray paint I should use for the case which is mostly aluminum and the rest of my computer which has a hard plastic covering?

Daniel Reytan
- Miami, FL, United States

Daniel,

Please go to the archives and have a gander at # 8888 ...that should answer, I hope, your queries.

And if you are using an automotive spray pipe, preferably lacquer based to give it a 'bite' onto the plastic shielding, then it's OK for aluminum, too, isn't it?

Cheers !

Several bits of advice:

It might be a better solution for you to buy a new, black case. Compare your options carefully.

Try searching on the web for sites about case modification or case-mods. This is getting to be a popular thing to do.

When taking apart the computer, Keep yourself grounded!

Don't spaypaint buttons. Carefully remove them if possible, use masking tape if you can't.

Bob Zonis
- Bohemia, NY