Cleaning up tarnish on large copper bin

My daughter and I are trying to clean up a solid copper "bin" sort of vessel we found at a flea market. It's rather large - 32"x15' x15' deep. We've been using 'Twinkle Copper Cleaner' to clean it. Almost immediately after we get to the pinkish-looking copper it turns orange again.

Where do we go from here and how do we finish it?

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Sue Neumann
- Bemidji, Minnesota

Twinkle (12 boxes)

I'll say it's rather large. You must have meant fifteen INCHES wide and deep.

While some people swear by Twinkle, I've never used it myself. It's Brasso [linked by editor to product info at Amazon] for me, which leaves copper looking like copper rather than a salmon fillet :-)

But it is very slow, and some people prefer to use something aggressive first and then finish up with Brasso for its warm color.