23+ years of serious education, promoting Aloha,
& the most fun you can have in metal finishing smiley

Looking for literature for silver on copper plating

I have recently been hired by a company that has asked me to do some research to determine the problems with a current electroplating system that they are working on. The system is for plating silver onto copper in a fluidized bath. The system is agitation not jet plating. The problem is that we are having problems determining if it is the velocity or volume that causes the increased rate of plating.

I was wondering if there was any available literature published within the past two years on this type of plating and where I can find it.

I am new to this field and would appreciate any help.

Elizabeth Steinmetz
- N. Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, USA

Please let me know what voltage and current you are using and shape and size of your pieces and I may be able to help you.

Dr. S. B. Ghozati
- Iran

The current that I am using is .12 amps per sq. inch. The voltage is about 20. My pieces that I am testing with are small about 4 sq. inches each but the design is for pieces of varying surface area. Thanks in advance for the help.

Elizabeth Steinmetz
- N. Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, USA