Blue Etch Anodize

I am interested in learning more about a process called blue etch. Where might I find some information on this?

Derek Vanek
Independence, Ohio

Blue Etch Anodize is a Pratt & Whitney very proprietary inspection process for Titanium vanes. It is the only one that I have seen.

It is described in AMS2642 [link by ed. to spec at TechStreet] and is used in locating manufacturing faults in large Ti parts

David Segletes
- Orlando, Florida

Blue Etch Anodize (BEA) is an inspection process for Titanium that is typically required for aircraft critical rotating parts.

Randy Plis
non-destructive testing - South Windsor, Connecticut

(2006)

I do BEA inspection of aeroparts in England. it is a specific form of inspection as it defines very fine defect or segregation alpha or beta.

john thomas
- England

Where could I find info regarding the process of BEA?
Thanks in advance. DM

Daniel Mullins
- Toronto Ontario, Canada