Metal finishing industry / company data

I am a business valuation professional seeking industry data and specific company information.

I have been asked to value a metal finishing company that does powder and liquid coatings, silk screening and stripping.

I have been to the Powder Coatings Institute website, your website (finishing.com) and obtained company information (sales, assets, employees) for George Industries, Plastene Supply Co., Allegheny Ludlum Corp. and Lombard Technologies, Inc.

I would like to understand the size, fragmentation and outlook for your industry. It would be beneficial if there were industry statistics available for sales, assets, employees, compensation, cost of sales, etc. but I have not seen anything yet.

If anyone knows of transactions (company sales or acquisitions) for companies in the $ 5MM to $20MM range, possibly smaller but not smaller than $ 1MM, I would be interested in obtaining data on the transaction(s). These companies or transactions must be for companies that primarily operate as custom powder or liquid coaters.

Any information that anyone might share with me specific to a transaction or company should understand that the information is completely confidential (not even shared with my client) and will remain in my files only as backup to my valuation conclusion. I only seek this information for purposes of comparison of my client company to others that may be comparable.

Patrick Rogers
- North Mankato, Minnesota