Search for black plating for steel bolt

I have a steel bolt that I need to make black. It is being used on a license plate. I have had some Black Zinc - ed and need to get some information on rust, hardness, etc. Is there a better finish/ plating that I can use on a standard grade 2 bolt that will be harder (resistant to scratches), blacker etc. I own a small company and don't have a lot of expertise in this field. I currently nickel and chrome plate these bolts. I need a black one.

Can someone help me?

Phoenix Fallon
- Goleta, California

See if one of your plating shops offers black chrome plating.

I'd still recommend Zinc-iron with Silver free black instead of black chrome.

Khozem Vahaanwala
Khozem Vahaanwala
Saify Ind supporting advertiser
Bangalore, Karnataka, India

saify logo