Aluminum Anodizing Market in Mexico

1998

To give you a little context, I am presently doing some work for a small metal finisher here in the UK. We are researching the Mexican market in terms of possible expansion. In particular, we are investigating the viability of licensing a process that we currently use.

What we don't know is whether or not this process is one that is already is wide use by Mexican metal finishers. (In fact, we know very little about the industry in Mexico.) The process involves anodizing. I'm not familiar with the technical aspects, but from what I gather, it's much like splash anodizing. Except that you can put more than random patterns -- you can "print" logos or emblems.

Our client feels that it's a breakthrough process that hasn't been engineered by anyone else as far as they can tell. What I'd like to ask is, is this indeed a breakthrough process? Or, is it a standard process that most people in the industry are familiar with? And, how advanced are the Mexicans with respect to anodizing or this process?

I appreciate your time, and I thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Cheers!

Karen Park