Setting Up A Zinc Plating Plant

1998

I am urgently looking for information/books/website/anything to setup a small passivated zinc plating plant.

We have no metal finishing of this type available in our island state and I have found it impossible to find out about setting up a small plant and equipment to do it.

We have small parts that would be well suited to barrel plating and also have other parts which would have to be hung and these are approx. 600 x 600 mm/2' x 2'.

Thanking you in anticipation.

David Allenberg
Australia

1997

I'm afraid that if you don't know how to do something as involved as setting up a zinc plating and passivating line, and you need to do it anytime in the reasonable future, you'll probably have to retain somebody who does know how to do it. Some such people are listed in the consultant's directory here.

1998

The Canning Handbook is a good supplement to take with the consultant's medicine.

Also see our reference book section.

tom & pooky toms signature

1999

Dear Reader

I have the same need as Mr. David Allenberg, So can you tell if you solve your problem and from where you get the plant and the cost

Best Regards

samir al-alaiwat
hydraulic and technical center

2000

I am urgently looking for information/books/website/anything to setup a electrodeposition copper- zinc- tin / free settling Sn-Cu.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Yours sincerely,

dr. ing. Valentin RIZEA

Rizea Valentin
- Buzau,Romania

2000

I don't know what you mean by "free settling". Do you mean "electroless" or auto-catalytic?

There are lists of good books here, specialized technical journals for this industry, associations and trade groups serving the industry, and some on-line articles on the subject.

You are already at the best website in the world for this purpose, and to look elsewhere would be to squander your time smiley.