Electroless silver plating

(1998)

Hi everyone. I would like to have an electroless silver plating formulation that is cyanide free and for a copper base. I have an silver immersion plating formulation but I want a thicker coating without, if possible, going electrolytic.

Thanks in advance, RJ

Rolland Jones
- Jones Electronics

(1997)

Electroless is going to be a high cost, hard for a person to control without a lab, and demanding.

Technic sells a cyanide free silver solution that would be cheaper and easier to run. A lab would be nice.

(1997)

Rolland, When I was in high school in New York, we had a   lab where we electroless plated silver on copper using a   formaldehyde reducing agent. I have also used   methylglucamine, and as I recall, that worked too. I'd   recommend that you use your emersion coat as a silver strike to make the rest of the coating adhere better.       Good Luck.

Robert Buxbaum
- research and consulting

(1998)

I would like and would appreciate a lot to get more information about appropriate silver electroless or silver immersion ready-to-use solution to built-up 0.1-0.5 mkm thick layer.We are prepared to purchase the stuff.

Best regards, A.V.

Alla Veprinsky, M.Sc./ Mrs/