Need info on Silver electroforming

A discussion started in 1996 and continuing through 2001.
Add your Q. or A. to restore it to the "Current Topics" discussions.

(1996)

We are looking for information on the use of silver electroforms in industrial (non-jewelry) applications and would welcome any advice that you can give as to information sources.

Robert Beasley

Hi, Robert. Many of the world's electroforming authorities gathered in Las Vegas for 3 days in 1996 for an Electroforming Course & Symposium. Contact AESF to see if proceedings are still available.

Most of the familiar texts serving the industry at least briefly cover silver and electroforming, but I know of no text focusing solely on silver electroforming. If you can't make it to the seminar, I think you'll need to do a literature search to pick up individual citations on the subject. Good luck.

(2001)

"Electroforming" A comprehensive survey of theory, practice and commercial applications by Peter Spiro B.Sc.(Eng.), A.C.G.I., A.M.I.Mech.E., A.M.B.I.M. Publisher: Robert Draper Ltd Teddington 1968

Reg Whelan
- Kelso, Qld, Australia