Seeking Refinishing of metal stairs

+

I have a metal spiral staircase - 14 stairs about 3 feet wide (circular). Currently it is painted white and has been painted other colors previously. What I would like to do is have this stair case dismantled, stripped down to the metal, then refinished to appear as brass (shiney gold).

Who and where would I contact for this type of work? What type of business would do this? Electro-plating?

Pat Aquino
- Los Angeles, California

+

Dear Pat,

Yes, an electro-plater would be the person to contact for that job. It would be helpful if you had the dimensions of the staircase after it has been dismantled, so they know if the pieces will fit in their tank. If you don't want to constantly polish the brass-plated stair case, find a shop that clear-coats.

Good luck,

Jake Koch
G. J. Nikolas & Co., Inc.

Bellwood, Illinois