Silver bud Vase, E.P.Brass

+

I have a small silver bud vase, about 6 inches high, base is about 2 inches by 2 inches, the holder itself is tapered; on the bottom it has H.S, then under that E.P.Brass; could you tell me, is it silver coated brass? Where could I find more information?

Joan Palmer
- Fort St.John, B.C., Canada

S
I
M
I
L
A
R
L
Y

+

I too have similar markings on a set of what look like candy dishes in the form of a leaf, about 11" X 6-1/2" and about an inch-and-a-half deep. The marking underside is "EP Brass Germany", in uppercase letters. Is this silver plated brass? Any information will be appreciated. Thanks.

Krishna Pillalamarri
- Bel Air, Maryland, USA

+++

I response to Krishna's letter regarding E.P.Brass Germany, leaf shaped serving dishes, I too have one and would like to know more about it. Manufacturer? Age? Metal?

Thank You,

Barbara Reber
- Proctor, Montana, USA

All About Antique Silver with International Hallmarks

++++

EP Brass= electroplated brass, sometimes EPNS (electroplated nickel silver) and EPBM (electroplated britania metal/tin alloy/), for details contact nearest museum or antiques dealer.

++++++

HI THERE, WE DO ALOT OF RENOVATIONS,AND FROM TIME TO TIME WE COME ACROSS ARTICLES PEOPLE HAVE LEFT BEHIND.AND ITS UP TO OUR DISCRETION IF WE WANT THEM OR DISCARD THEM.SO NOW I'm ASKING YOU YOUR PROFESSIONAL OPINION ON E.P.BRASS MADE IN CANADA? IS IT REAL SILVER? IS IT WORTH ANYTHING ON THE MARKET VALUE?
THE WHOLE SET COMES WITH COFFEE SERVER,TEA SERVER ,WATER PITCHER, FIVE DIFFERENT TRAYS(SERVING)ONE WITH FEET CREAM AND SUGAR BOWLS AND TWO GOBLETS.AND ANOTHER TRAY WITH FIVE SLENDER LIKE GOBLETS?ON THE PARTICULAR CREAMER THOUGH,IT SAYS DIFFERENT ;THE TOTAL INSCRIPTION SAYS:AND THIS WOULD BE ON THE CREAMER-F.B.R.
E.P.BRASS LEAD AND ZINC HTS. USA
F.B.ROGERS ANY INFORMATION YOU MAY BE WILLING TO SHARE WITH ME WOULD BE GREATLY ACKNOWLEDGED.THANK YOU LIZ.THANK YOU AGAIN.

ELIZABETH ANN STROPNICKA
RENOVATIONS - Scarborough, TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA

+++++++

Hi, I am Sharon and I would like to know if anyone has come across this type or stamp before? I am inquisitive in nature and things that I come across that I don't understand just bugs the hell out of me until I find the answer. I am not in the industry so please humour me.
I have a silver vase 4" in height (or what appears to be silver), it has a fluted top and has markings under the base EP (not a problem, EPNS not a problem) but then smaller in a square EPDR and a number up the stem of the vase Ro591369 can anyone shed some light about - EPNR and Ro 591369 number Please?

Sharon Bowes
hobbyist - Central Coast NSW Australia

I have recently acquired a silver tea set with the name EP Brass stamped on it. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a site in english where l can check out it's value. The only ones l have seen are in german.
Mitsy

Jerry Music
jer-m designs - Modes, California USA

EP stands for Electro Plated

Myles Khatib
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I have an EP brass HBC Made in China stamped on the bottom of an ornate tall Silver tea pot. Any information on this would be appreciated.
I acquired this item from family heritage.

w. Prystay
hobbyist - Penticton, B.C., Canada

Hi there, you can always go on Judith Millers' antique blog. You will find there a useful A to Z dictionary that has a lot on entries about silver and brass. Also, if you don't mind paying to register you could try Kovel's website that offers an extensive mark guide for silver and other metals. Good luck!

Valerie Dufort
- Laval, Quebec, Canada