The finishing.com Hotline -- Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing

Key/Keyway Lengths for Different Shaft Materials

+

I am a college student researching - I was wondering if you could help me with the following questions:

If possible could you direct me to some web sites or other sources from which I can obtain the information?
1)How is a shaft fitted in the bore of a component to avoid eccentricity?
2)What are the effective lengths of key for different materials shaft diameter? 3)Give examples of correct type of key and key materials from standard manufacturers tables.

Craig A [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
electronics - Newport,Wales, United Kingdom