Zinc Plating Gets Cloudy During Powder Coating

+

I powder coat parts after zinc plating and the zinc that is not coated has a white cloudy film. How or what can I do to get rid of the residue. It will not wipe off, I get the same results just rinsing the parts and heating them at 250 degrees F. need help.

Bob Parks
- San Jose Ca. USA

+

Its because the passivate is burning it starts to dehydrate above 60 deg you need to protect the uncoated area from as much direct heat as possible. I have seen this in another product it was very expensive but can be done, also the age and condition of the gold passivate and rinse water quality will contribute to the finish (cloudy).

Hope this helps.

C.C. Anderson
- Australia