Wipe on Silver Replating

+

Several years ago I was able to purchase a product called "The Silver Solution" from one of our upscale department stores. It was a wipe/rub on type of silver replating. The item came in a kit that also included a special silver cleaner. It did a wonderful job of maintaining and covering small worn spots on vintage/antique silver plate items. I am no longer able to find this product and am hoping there is another product similar to this available. My question is whether or not you know of any product currently available and where it may be purchased? I think this would be useful information to anyone with silver plated items that need to be touched up. Thank you!

Wendy Isaacson
- King, North Carolina

+++

Found the link to The Silver Solution. Do not have any personal experience with the product myself as of yet.

Mike Palladino
- Highland, New York

----
Ed. note: Wendy -- some alternatives are Jax Silver Plating Solutionamazoninfo, Medallion Liquid Silver Plating Solution, Miracle Silver, Nu Silver, Quickshine, Silveron, Silver Plating Formula, and Silver Secret. We've added an
FAQ page that sources those products.

Mike -- thanks for the link. We've moved it to the FAQ page because it was proving impossible to keep links current when scattered across dozens of different letters on the same subject.

I used Miracle Silver Plus; it is the best product out on the market they bought NuSilver. If you need to see a great product try that; it is awesome.

Jeff Galpern
- Boca Raton, Florida

----
Ed. note: Glad you like it, Jeff; but with the anonymity of the internet, superlatives often start a race to the bottom. Maybe we should just leave it that you think it's a good product rather than claiming that every other product (including ones you haven't tried) is inferior to it:-)

You might also try Medallion Liquid Silver. As a retired antique dealer I have used this item many times and love it. That's why I sell it.

Sue Rosendall
- Venus, Florida

I've just read the FAQ of "Silver Plating at Home" and the link to some of the posts. Jax brand seems to cost about double the price of other brands. Is it really better?

Dwight Johnson
Hobbyist Luthier - Wheaton Illinois USA

Hi, Dwight.

I don't have any confidence that a testing organization like Consumer Reports has tested these products, but it might be worth a shot. Internet testimonials, considering the essentially anonymous nature of public forums, usually aren't worth squat. We've had numerous salespeople plug their products while using fictitious names and posing as satisfied customers :-)

Jax Silver Plating Solution

Electroless Liquid Silver Plating Solution