-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry

The Hotline: Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing. Ted Mooney, Webmaster

What does "SECC" mean: zinc-plated steel sheet?

Q. I'd like to know specifications of 1.0 m/m thickness zinc-plated steel sheet per Japan JIS SECC standard. Who can help me and advise the equivalent ASTM codes?

Steve Wu
electronics - Taipei, Taiwan

Q. Speaking of SECC, does SECC stand for the type of raw material (no coating) or is SECC the specification of the coating on the steel? Our Taiwan metal supplier uses this and because of the language barrier it is not quite clear to me what SECC actually stands for, especially when they inform me that it is RoHS compliant. Any clarification of the definition of SECC would be appreciated.

Todd Smith
- Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Q. Is the following the meaning of the SECC abbreviation?

SECC: Steel, Electrogalvanized, Cold rolled, Coil

Please let me know. Thanks!

Robert Nowell
- RSM, California, USA

A. SECC means (I think): "Steel, Electrically Chromate Coated"

Brian Brunner
software engineer - Reading, Pennsylvania, USA

A. SECC: Steel, Electrogalvanized, Cold-rolled, Commercial quality

Don Mar
- Cebu, Philippines

Q. Is SECC the abbreviation for "Electrogalvanized Coated Cold roll" or "Steel Electroplated Chromated coated". What is the difference between SPCC versa SECC? Is SECC commonly available and where to get it?

low saw im
Director - Malaysia

A. SECC means :
Sheet steel,
Electrolytically coated (with zinc, typically),
Commercial quality.

I hope that I helped.

Ricardo Soares
- Brazil

A. SECC MEANS.....Electro Galvanized/Zinc Coated Steel Sheet

Info from steel maker at this link:

KM Leong
machine manufacturer - Malaysia

A. "SECC" means "Electrolytic zinc-coated steel sheet and strip" and has been defined in the "JIS G 3313".

JIS means Japan Industrial Standards.

MN John
- Japan

Q. If I required SECC F20 material, I understand it to be a form of zintec, but what is the significance of the F20?

Stuart Brookes
automotive - Smethwick, England

Q. I want to know what "SPTE" abbreviation from?
What is the technical specifications of this?

Ariseko Purwanto
electrical engineer - Bekasi, WestJava, Indonesia

Q. What type of material is SPHC/P? Can somebody help me? Thanks!

Phoebe Lee
buyer - Perak, Malaysia

A. SPTE = Steel Plated-Tin, Electrolytic
SPHC = don know what it actually abbreviates but it means hot rolled steel sheets, coils.

Al Lim

Q. What is the different between material(steel Plate) SPHC-P and SPHC ?
Chemical and Mechanical Properties comparable?

Engineering - Pinang, Malaysia

Q. On which grade steel sheet coating is done
What is the end use for SECC plates

Paddy Ananth
marketing - Bangalore, India

Q. Does somebody has a material specification and a confirmation of the RoHS compliance of the SECC material ?

Let me know

AL Prevost
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada

A. Hi, Al.

It is neither inherently RoHS-compliant, nor RoHS-noncompliant. Both trivalent and hexavalent chromates are available; the former will be compliant and the latter will not be -- so you should specify RoHS-compliant SECC if that is what you need. Good luck.

Ted Mooney,

You can check this with China Steel for the electroplating zinc steel sheet or coil. They have three types of SECC steel. They call them SECC1, SECC2 and SECCT. The zinc content is labeled as ZZ10.

Charles Chan
- Taipei, Taiwan

Q. re: "China Steel ... have three types of SECC steel ... SECC1, SECC2 and SECCT"

What are the differences?

Augusto Bravo
manufacturing - Philippines

©1995-2015     -    Privacy    -    Search